Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Start of Rose Garden Quilt

 Happy National Quilting Day!
Since 1991 
The National Quilting Association has sponsored 
the 3rd Saturday in March
as a day dedicated to quilting.
In honor of this very happy day
I have started a new quilt.
Rose Garden block
I mentioned a few days ago that I have 
been making lots and lots of 
Half Square Triangles
with 2 1/2 inch (finished)
Triangles On A Roll
 Because Triangles On A Roll makes the 
HST's so accurate, I didn't even have to use pins for this unit.
I just put them right sides together and chained stitched away.
 So Fast!
When I opened them up
all of the points matched up perfectly.
So Accurate!
 I've completed 8 of the 16 blocks
This has been a great pattern 
to use up green scraps for the leaves.
 Pattern: Rose Garden
by Jodi Nelson (Pleasant Home)
Available from
Triangles On A Roll
 2 1/2 Inch (finished)
also available from
Triangles On A Roll 

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

as if you needed a reason to make a new quilt :) have fun on quilting day!