Saturday, March 8, 2014

Would You Like To Live In This Neighborhood?

 I would!
 The Local Quilt
by Carolyn Friedlander
Lake Wales, Florida
Carolyn wrote:
"With a design background in Architecture, 
I've always wanted to make a house quilt.
I started the design journey for this one
in my hometown, roaming the streets
with my sketchbook and camera in hand.
I toured some of the oldest neighborhoods
looking for interesting details to 
use in my quilt."
 I became aware of Carolyn's work this last year
and started following her blog.
She is known for her Fresh, Modern Quilt patterns
and I love everything she makes!
I was so happy to see her quilt as part of the
Modern Quilts Exhibit at Road To California 2014
 The Local
61" X 72 1/4"
Paper Foundation Piecing 
Pattern available on Carolyn's web site
The Local is made from Carolyn's first fabric line
Architextures
for Robert Kaufman

No comments: