Saturday, April 12, 2014

Festive Cheer Quilt Finally Finished!

 Festive Cheer
 has been one of those quilts
that has been a work in progress for several years.
But, I'm happy to announce it's finally 
DONE!
whooo hooo!
 Festive Cheer
pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe (Bumble Beans)
Instructions available in
Quilt Almanac 2012 
I might be a little late for Christmas 2012
but I like to think I'm just
very EARLY for Christmas 2014 :)
 I truly did love making this quilt.
One of the reasons it took me so long to finish
is because I 
hand appliqued 
all of the circles in the middle of each hexagon.
This seemed to be a continuous take along project
that was mainly accomplished during my
guild meetings.
 Festive Cheer is a great scrappy quilt.
I used left over greens from my stash
which makes it feel like a free quilt.
Each arch was paper pieced.
 Beautiful machine quilting by
 I love the 
hexagon-ie sides
(I'm sure hexagonie must be a word :)
 I was a little nervous about
putting on a bias binding
around all of those peaks and valleys
but it turned out fine.
Even the pointy edge along the bottom row
turned out OK.
Whew!
 Happy Happy Happy Festive Cheer!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that was quite a job putting on the binding I bet - love the quilt

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wowee Nedra, what a stunner! I'm sure hexagonie must be a word, it is so right! The quilting complements the quilt beautifully. Great work and amazing perseverance! xo

Unknown said...

Wow! Your quilt is stunning! So pretty. thanks for sharing.

em's scrapbag said...

It turned out beautifully! Love all the scrappy goodness.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....that is gorgeous.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Oh it turned absolutely gorgeous! !!!

Cindy said...

I think I am speechless Nedra. That quilt is so beautiful. And your are quite early for Christmas--it is always good to be ahead of the game!

Blog Flash Total said...

Thank yyou for being you