Thursday, April 17, 2014

Nosegay Quilt

The other day while I was sewing at 3 Dudes
Deborah Engle
and 
Karen Gilbert
walked in with their recently finished
Nosegay Quilts
This is a traditional quilt block from the 1930's
but they have modernized theirs
with bright happy fabrics.
Look at all of those beautiful
Kaffe Fassett flowers
and cute gingham black baskets!
I love this quilt!
Deborah just received her quilt back from the quilter
so the sides had not been trimmed yet.
She was in the shop getting tips on how to sew
a bias binding around all of those pointed edges.
So beautifully done!
How I would love to make this quilt!
Deborah and Karen are part of a group
from through out the United States 
who have gathered together for
the last 20 years for retreats
taught by Pat Grago 
Pat currently teaches the
Scraps Are Us classes
at 3 Dudes Quilt Shop
Karen also brought in her
Nosegay quilt that still needs to be quilted.
Another fun 
Show and Tell
I'm not sure if this was made by Deborah or Karen?
Traditional Basket Quilt
with a great use of fussy cut borders.
Thanks for sharing ladies!

3 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh Oh….gasping for air!!!
LOVE this nosegay quilt!! I have that pattern too!!!!
I would never thought of using Kaffe fabrics!!

Fabulous!

Cardygirl said...

This is just beautiful!

Truffle queen said...

I made ONE nosegay block! It was at a workshop with Bethany Reynolds (Stack & Whack) many moons ago! Yep - only 1 block! Maybe someday I'll go back to it! lol The quilt you shared is absolutely beautiful!